Respecting and protecting your privacy is important to us and a priority in our continuing relationship.
Petro-Canada is a Suncor Energy business. Suncor collects your personal information through various means, such as through your purchases of Suncor products, your enrolment in our Petro-PointsTM loyalty program, website cookies, and your response to our surveys.
Suncor collects this information so that we can carry out one or more of the following:
- Administer the Petro-Points program
- Provide you with ongoing services relating to your purchases of Suncor products, including, but not limited to, fuel, lubricants, car care, warranties and other offerings
- Include you in preferred customer activities, such as special promotions and bonus offers
- Manage, develop and improve our business and operations
- Complete the necessary credit investigation(s) when you are applying for credit (i.e., Petro-CanadaTM SuperPassTM credit card, other commercial credit cards, or wholesale account);
- Assist in the development and marketing of our products and services and
- To comply with any legal or regulatory requirements, or to cooperate with police and/or financial institutions during any investigation of credit/debit card and/or suspected criminal/fraudulent activities involving Suncor or any of Suncor's service providers or agents
Please note that your personal information that you disclose on a Petro-Canada SuperPass or other commercial credit card application will only be used to complete the necessary credit investigation and will not be used for marketing or other purposes, unless we ask for and receive your consent for such use(s).
Respecting and protecting the privacy of Suncor’s other stakeholder group is important to us and is a priority in our continuing relationship. Examples of other stakeholders include, but are not limited to, individual contractors, job applicants, landowners, lease-grantors, shareholders, investment analysts, government contacts and scholarship recipients.
Suncor collects your personal information through various means, such as through personal contact, job and scholarship applications, over the phone and through website cookies. We collect this information so we can manage our ongoing relationship with you, but we will tell you the specific purposes for which your information will be used when we collect it.
Suncor takes great care to ensure your personal information is securely stored. Access to this information is restricted to authorized employees of Suncor and will only be disclosed to third-party agents responsible for administering our programs or providing Suncor with services, provided that such companies use the information only for the purposes for which it was disclosed, and agree to maintain privacy policies consistent with Suncor’s.
A cookie is a piece of data — typically encoded information about how and when you use a site — that a Web server creates when you visit a website. This data is placed on your computer hard drive in the form of a small text file.
There are two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies are used only for the length of time you stay on the website. When you leave the site, they expire and are no longer active.
Persistent cookies are more permanent and can be re-read when you return to the site that placed them on your computer.
We use persistent cookies in three instances:
- to identify previous visits to a new section of the website so that you are not required to view redirect information on subsequent visits
- to allow users to access our corporate brand web page without having to log in repeatedly using the registration form
- to remember the language preference you set in your previous visit
You may choose not to accept cookies by setting your browser options to inform you when cookies are being sent. Alternately, you can set these options to deny cookies altogether (please refer to your help screens or manuals). Please note, however, that by not accepting cookies you may limit the functionality that we can provide to you when you visit our site.
Automatic Logging of Session Data
To help us serve you better, we continuously and automatically collect generic, non-personal information about visits to our website. The following points describe the nature of the information collected in our Web server logs:
- We do not collect personal information such as names, ages, phone numbers, addresses or e-mail addresses from visitors to our website. We do not collect individual profile information for visitors across multiple sites and do not aggregate information from any other sources about browsing patterns of individual visitors across multiple sites.
- We collect anonymous visitor information like IP addresses, browser types, return visits from past guests, referring pages, pages visited along with the order in which they were visited, time spent on the website, and the referrer and transaction information for e-commerce pages. We collect such non-personally identifiable information for the following purposes: (1) to obtain anonymous statistical analysis of Web page traffic patterns for our website (2) to administer our website and servers, (3) to allow for auditing of our services by third parties, and (4) to improve our services.
- We do not create individual profiles of visitors. We do not have a database of individual profiles of each visitor. We collect data in aggregate form and data is not recorded or stored about individual visitors.
- We may use the aggregate data to inform third parties as to the number of people who have seen and clicked on links to their websites.
Suncor reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes.
Updated November 2012.