Program Participation & Registration
- How do I register for Petro-Canada’s Canadian Forces Fuel Savings Program?
A valid CFOne card number is required to register for the program.
Complete the registration form online
If you have issues registering, email us or call 1-800-668-0220 (TTY: 1 (888) 290-7377) for assistance.
- I registered for a Petro-Canada™ fuel savings program that was conducted for the Kingston base last year. Do I have to register again for this national Canadian Forces Fuel Saving Program?
Yes, you will have to register again in order to participate because this is a different program.
Please register online
Any remaining balance on the Preferred Price™ card that you received in the Kingston program can be used until Nov. 30, 2016.
- Who can participate in Petro-Canada’s Canadian Forces Fuel Savings Program?
Participation is open to eligible members of the Canadian Armed Forces who have a valid CFOne card and who may access the Canadian Forces Appreciation program.
- How do I join the CF Appreciation Program?
The Canadian Forces Appreciation Program is the official discount program for the Canadian Forces (CF) community, administered by the Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services.
The CF Appreciation website is accessible to all those who have registered for a CFOne card.
Learn more at CFappreciation.ca
To find out if you are eligible and to register for your CFOne card, please:
- I’m registered with the CF Appreciation program but where do I find my CFOne card number?
Your CFOne card number is on the front of your CFOne card.
If you do not have this card, visit http://www.cf1fc.ca/ to:
Lost your CFOne card? Call the CFOne office at 1-855-245-0330 ext. 6 to obtain your card number and to have a new card issued.
- How long does it take to receive my CFOne card?
If you submit your application online, you will receive your temporary CFOne card by email within 24 to 48 hours.
If you submit your application by email or regular post, the processing time will be 1 to 2 weeks, after which time you will receive your temporary CFOne card through your email account.
Your physical card will arrive by regular post 2 to 3 weeks after your temporary card is issued.
- If I do not have internet access, how can I register for the Canadian Forces Fuel Savings Program?
If you do not have internet access and cannot register by completing the online form, please contact us at 1-800-668-0220 (TTY: 1 (888) 290-7377) for assistance.
Back to Top
Fuel Savings and the Preferred Price™ Card
- How do I save money on fuel with the Canadian Forces Fuel Savings Program?
Fuel savings are provided through a Petro-Canada Preferred Price card. The Preferred Price card provides savings of 3 cents per litre on 100 litres of fuel. Use the card when you pay at the pump or inside the store.
Be sure to keep your card because on the first day of each month, the balance on the Preferred Price card is topped up to provide fuels savings on up to 100 litres of fuel.
Unused fuel savings do not accumulate in the following months. The maximum number of litres on the card is 100 litres.
- When can I expect to receive my Preferred Price card in the mail?
Once you complete the online registration for the Canadian Forces Fuel Savings Program, you should receive your Preferred Price card in the mail within 10 business days.
If you have not received your Preferred Price card within this timeframe, email us or call 1-800-668-0220 (TTY: 1 (888) 290-7377).
- 10 business days have passed since I registered for the Canadian Forces Fuel Savings Program and I haven’t received my Preferred Price card in the mail yet. What should I do?
If you have not received your Preferred Price card in the mail within 10 business days of completing your registration, email us or call 1-800-668-0220 (TTY: 1 (888) 290-7377).
- How many Preferred Price cards can I receive through Petro-Canada’s Canadian Forces Fuel Savings Program?
Each CF Appreciation member can register for one Preferred Price card. A valid CFOne card number is required to participate in the program.
- How do I use my Preferred Price card to save on fuel purchases?
You can use your Preferred Price card at all participating Petro-Canada retail sites.
When you pay at the pump, use your cards in this order:
- Petro-Points: Swipe your Petro-Points Card.
- Preferred Price card: Swipe your Preferred Price card.
- Payment Method: Complete your transaction by swiping your payment method (credit card, Petro-Canada Pre-Paid Card, or debit).
- Your receipt will shows how much you've saved and your savings balance remaining.
When you pay through a service attendant, use your cards in this order:
- Present your Preferred Price card along with your Petro-Points card.
- Provide your payment method (credit card, Petro-Canada Pre-Paid Card, debit or cash).
- The service attendant will give you a receipt that shows how much you've saved and your savings balance remaining.
- When is the balance on this Preferred Price card reloaded?
On the first day of each month, the card balance will be topped back up to provide savings of 3 cents per litre on 100 litres of fuel
Unused fuel savings from the prior month do not accumulate. The maximum number of litres on the card is 100 litres.
- How is the Preferred Price card that is used in the Canadian Forces Fuel Savings Program different from other Petro-Canada Preferred Price cards?
- The image on the card has “CFappreciation.ca” and “ReconnaissanceFC.ca” printed on it.
- The savings rate of 3 cents per litre may differ from other Preferred Price cards.
- The card balance is replenished each month to provide fuel savings on up to 100 litres, so be sure to keep your card.
- Where can I use the Preferred Price card?
The Preferred Price card is accepted at participating Petro-Canada retail stations across Canada. Use the card when you pay at the pump or inside the store.
- What types of fuel can I save money on by using the Preferred Price card?
The Preferred Price card provides fuel savings on all gasoline grades and on diesel.
Use your card for motor fuels only.
- Where can I find the balance remaining on my Preferred Price card?
You can find your remaining card balance by:
- Checking your sales receipt. Your balance, in litres remaining eligible for savings, automatically adjusts with every transaction.
- Checking the Pay at the Pump screen for the available purchase balance prior to dispensing fuel.
- Logging in to your My Petro-Canada™ account or registering for My Petro-Canada to check your balance in litres.
- Calling our customer service network at 1 (800) 668-0220 (TTY: 1 (888) 290-7377). The value remaining on the card, at any given time, is based on Petro-Canada's records.
- Can I use more than one Preferred Price card in the same transaction?
No, you can only use one Preferred Price card per transaction.
- Can I use both my Preferred Price card and my Fuel Savings Reward card in the same transaction?
No, Preferred Price cards and Fuel Savings Reward cards cannot be used in the same transaction. Only one Preferred Price card or one Fuel Savings Reward card can be used per transaction.
- Does the Preferred Price card provided in this program expire?
No, the Preferred Price cards used in the Canadian Forces Fuel Savings Program do not expire. However, Suncor (Petro-Canada) may terminate, cancel or postpone the program on 90 days notice.
- What happens if my card is lost, stolen or damaged?
Call Customer Service at 1 (800) 668-0220 (TTY: 1 (888) 290-7377), Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Eastern Time) as soon as you realize your card is missing or damaged.
For your card security, your current Preferred Price card will be cancelled and can no longer be used for payment.†† When you receive your new Preferred Price card in the mail, you'll be able to resume your savings on fuel. We'll mail your replacement card to the address we have on file. If this information is out of date, please let us know.
- Where can I find the full terms and conditions of the Preferred Price card?
Read the full terms and conditions for the Preferred Price card on our website
Back to Top
- Do I have to be a Petro-Points member to participate in the Canadian Forces Fuel Savings program?
No, Petro-Points membership is not required to participate in this program.
- How do I enroll in the Petro-Points program?
- If you indicated that you were not a Petro-Points member when you registered for the Canadian Forces Fuel Savings Program, you will receive:
- A Petro-Points card
- Your Preferred Price card
- Can I earn Petro-Points when I use my Preferred Price card?
Yes, you can earn Petro-Points when you use your Preferred Price card.
When paying at the pump:
- Swipe your Petro-Points card first
- Swipe your Preferred Price card next
- Swipe your method of payment last
When paying inside the store:
- Present your Petro-Points card and Preferred Price card to the service attendant
- Pay for your fuel purchase
- I tried to activate my PIN to claim my bonus Petro-Points but it didn’t work.
Please be advised that the PIN for CAF bonus points is no longer available.
- What if I have additional questions?
Email us or call 1-800-668-0220 (TTY: 1 (888) 290-7377) for assistance.
Back to Top