Welcome to the all-new Petro-Points program!
We have redesigned our Petro-Points program to be simple, faster to collect and easier to redeem for rewards.
- Collect 10 points for every litre of fuel purchased
- Collect 10 points for every dollar spent in-store or on car wash
- Every 1,000 Petro-Points = $1 off fuel, in-store or car wash
Find out more about everything that has changed
New to Petro-Points?
It's as easy as 1-2-3.
1. Join the program or activate your card.
2. Collect at Petro-Canada locations and with our partners.
3. Redeem points for fuel savings, rewards and partner discounts.
You'll get 2,500 Petro-Points just for signing up!†
- It's free to join!
- Petro-Points never expire.
- Collect points at most Petro-Canada locations and with Petro-Points partners, such as Hudson's Bay and itravel2000.
- Points are easy to redeem in-store or online.
Link. Pay. Save. Earn.
Petro-Canada and Royal Bank of Canada have teamed up! Simply link your Petro-Points card to all of your eligible RBC debit and credit cards* to:
- instantly save 3¢ on every litre of fuel
- earn 20% more Petro-Points at Petro-Canada
- earn 20% more RBC Rewards points** (if you have a RBC rewards credit card) at Petro-Canada
Plus, save up to 13¢ per litre when you combine a 10¢ Fuel Savings Reward card (up to 200L) and any linked RBC card.
Save 5¢ or 10¢ per litre on your next 200 litres of fuel when you redeem 10,000 or 20,000 points for a Fuel Savings Reward card.
Points for dollars off
With our new rewards program, redeeming your points for gas is easy. Every 1,000 Petro-Points equals $1 off fuel, car wash and in-store purchases!
How do I collect Petro-Points?
Collect Petro-Points every day on fuel, car washes, in-store purchases and more.
- Fuel purchases = 10 points per litre
- Car washes = 10 points per $1 spent
- In-store purchases = 10 points per $1 spent
- Special offers = up to 5X the points
||Collect 20% more Petro-Points at Petro-Canada when you link your CAA, BCAA or Hudson's Bay Rewards card. |
||Earn points with our partners when you book a trip with itravel2000, rent a vehicle from Discount Car & Truck Rentals and more!|
Redeeming for rewards is just as easy as collecting points.
Redeem instantly in-store to save on everything from snacks, fuel, car washes, gift cards, lottery and more!
- $1 off = 1,000 Petro-Points
- $10 off = 10,000 Petro-Points
- $25 off = 25,000 Petro-Points
Redeem online through your account for rewards like itravel2000 certificates, Hudson’s Bay e-Gift cards and more!
- $1 off = 1,000 Petro-Points
- $10 off = 10,000 Petro-Points
- $25 off = 25,000 Petro-Points
Donate your points
Make a difference by donating your Petro-Points to support the development of Canadian Athletes and Coaches.
- $1 toward athletes = 1,000 Petro-Points
- $10 toward athletes = 10,000 Petro-Points
- $25 toward athletes = 25,000 Petro-Points
Manage your account online
The Petro-Points program allows you to create an online account so you can:
- check your points balance
- update your information
- register your Fuel Savings Rewards and car wash cards
- reload your Fuel Savings Rewards and car wash cards
- link partner cards
- redeem your points
Plus, choose to receive emails when you activate your account and receive member-exclusive offers!
Already have an account? Manage your account now
The following terms and conditions apply to anyone who has been issued or has received a Petro-Points Card. If you have questions about the current terms and conditions, please call 1-800-668-0220.
- The Petro-Points Program was developed as a loyalty program for drivers who visited Petro-Canada's retail sites and purchased gasoline and convenience store items. The applicant must have reached the provincial driving age to apply to the Program. Where a person under the driving age wishes to enrol in the Program, a parent or guardian must complete the application and consent to the terms and conditions.
- Petro-Points will be awarded on all purchases made at participating stations, with the exception of tobacco, gift cards, transit tickets, taxes on non-petroleum purchases, or any other items specified as exclusions from time to time.
|Petro-Points will be awarded as follows:
|Eligible Convenience Store purchases
||10 points per $1|
||10 points per $1|
SuperClean, Ultra 94 or Diesel Fuel
|10 points per litre|
- Petro-Points are not transferable from one account to another and may only be used for your own purchases. However, all enrolled Members in a household can accumulate Petro-Points together (through the use of supplementary cards) and will be considered as one account. Anyone holding a Petro-Points membership card within a household will be able to redeem Petro-Points on the account.
- All bonus Petro-Points will be awarded to the Petro-Points Member account. Bonus Petro-Points will not be awarded on any re-issue of lost, stolen or damaged cards.
- Suncor will pay all applicable taxes on the rewards redeemed (except for taxes on flights or environmental taxes, or as otherwise advised by Suncor). You may be required to pay additional fees such as, but not limited to, deposits, booking fees, fuel surcharges, excess baggage charges, auto installation fees, and other costs.
- Lottery tickets can be redeemed at a rate of 1,000 points per dollar. Available only at stations that sell lottery tickets. Age restrictions may apply for the purchase or redemption of lottery tickets using Petro-Points. Other restrictions may apply. Lottery tickets available in denominations up to $100.
- To redeem Petro-Points, you must have accumulated sufficient Petro-Points required for the item of your choice.
- When redeeming Petro-Points, your Petro-Points account will be reduced by the specified number of Petro-Points required for the reward being redeemed. If Suncor deems it is reasonable to accept a return of the item, your account will be credited with the appropriate number of Petro-Points. Petro-Points rewards may not be returned for cash.
- Suncor assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage, defect, injury, death or expense relating to any reward.
- Petro-Points have no cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash. Petro-Points cannot be sold or purchased and may not be exchanged, gifted, bartered, mortgaged or made subject to any security interest or charge. Notwithstanding the above, Suncor may allow the exchange of Petro-Points from time to time with program partners, as defined on Petro-Points.com.
- The rewards have the warranty of the manufacturer.
- Suncor reserves the right to change or discontinue the Petro-Points program at any time, without advance notice. In the event of discontinuing the Petro-Points program, Suncor will attempt to provide at least sixty (60) days’ notice to you, within which you may redeem any outstanding Petro-Points.
- All Petro-Points totals, as shown on the purchase receipt, will be deemed to be correct, unless otherwise determined by Suncor. Discrepancies must be addressed with Suncor within sixty (60) days of the date the discrepancy occurred.
- Suncor is not responsible for any errors or omissions with regard to the Petro-Points program or other Partner programs detailed herein. Suncor is also not responsible for any lost or unauthorized use of Petro-Points or for any redemption of Petro-Points in the Petro-Points program or points from other Partner programs.
- You must notify Suncor (1-800-668-0220) immediately if you have lost or had your Petro-Points Card stolen. You must also notify Suncor if your card is damaged. Suncor is not responsible for any delays in replacing the Petro-Points Card, or for delayed, used or lost Petro-Points, prior to receipt and acknowledgment by Suncor of your notification of a lost or stolen Petro-Points card or while the Petro-Points Card is being replaced.
- Please also advise Suncor (1-800-668-0220) of any changes in your address or account.
- Any failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions or any violation, fraud or abuse of the Petro-Points program may result in forfeiture of all points and possible termination of the Petro-Points Member’s account without compensation as deemed appropriate and necessary by Suncor.
- The Petro-Points program is void where prohibited by federal, provincial or local law.
- No more than 20,000 Petro-Points will be awarded on any single-purchase transaction made at any participating Petro-Canada Retail Station, unless otherwise agreed by Suncor.
- Suncor will not be liable or responsible in any manner for any tax consequences which may arise from any participation in the Petro-Points program.
- Petro-Points earned through its program Partners will not be reflected in Member account balance until they have been transferred from the Partner.
- Suncor assumes no responsibility for errors, omissions or delays in the reporting or transferring of Petro-Points earned with its program partners in the Petro-Points program. Partners determine the conditions under which they will issue Petro-Points, and those conditions may change at any time, without notice.
- Petro-Points will be forfeited upon the closure of a Petro-Points Member account. Suncor reserves the right to close any Petro-Points Member account that has been inactive for twelve (12) consecutive months, and all accumulated Petro-Points will be forfeited.
- Suncor may receive or disclose personal information (name, address, phone number, email address) from/ to Petro-Points program Partners if: (a) you have requested to link your Partner loyalty program card with the Petro-Points program, or (b) you are a Petro-Points member who has requested to link your Petro-Points card with a Partner’s loyalty program. Suncor will assume that, by your request to link your cards, you have provided implied or explicit consent for the receipt or provision of your personal information between the Petro-Points program and applicable Partner loyalty program.
- The following Terms and Conditions apply to the Dollar Off Rewards:
- a. Petro-Points are to be redeemed in increments of 1,000 points. For example, redeeming 1,000 points = $1 off your purchase of Petro-Canada fuel or convenience store items.
- Dollar Off Rewards can be used towards the purchase of either fuel or convenience store items (must be processed as separate transactions).
- Dollar Off Rewards cannot be used for the purchase of any alcohol or tobacco products. Also, not available for milk products in certain provinces.
- Dollar Off Rewards have no cash value and cannot be used as cash back.
- Petro-Points may be redeemed for the full purchase price rounded down to the nearest dollar, or act as a partial savings towards the amount owing. The total number of Petro-Points redeemed must be of equal or lesser value to the total amount owing. If the total number of Petro-Points redeemed is of lesser value to the total amount owing, the member will pay the difference owing using another form of payment.
Monthly Points Top-Up on Fuel bonus Petro-Points Program
On January 3, 2017 we retired the Monthly Points Top-Up on Fuel bonus Petro-Points program. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The last bonus will be awarded during the first week of January, 2017 based on all fuel purchases posted to the Petro-Points account during the December, 2016 calendar month. The Monthly Points Top-Up on Fuel bonus Petro-Points that have been earned prior to Jan. 3, 2017 may continue to be redeemed after such date.
†One bonus per household.
*Any /every card means a debit or credit card issued by Royal Bank of Canada (excluding RBC Commercial Avion, RBC Commercial U.S. Dollar Visa, RBC Commercial Cash Back Visa, and RBC Commercial Visa) that is linked to a Petro-Points card. Card linking may take up to 2 business days to process before savings and bonus points can be applied to purchases.
**Not all RBC debit or credit cards earn RBC Rewards points. Each time you use your linked RBC Rewards credit card to pay for purchases at a retail Petro-Canada location, you will earn a bonus of twenty percent (20%) more RBC Rewards points than you normally earn. Authorized Users are excluded from earning RBC Rewards points bonus.
® / ™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. Used under licence. ‡‡All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.