Accessible Fuelling Service for Guests with Accessibility Needs
- What is the Accessible Fuelling Service?
Accessible Fuelling Service is a two-way call station located at one of the site’s fuel islands. The call station will allow guests with accessibility needs to call the attendant inside the store (without having to leave their vehicle) to request assistance with refuelling their vehicle.
- Where is this service being offered?
You can find a list of locations by selecting “Accessible Fuelling Service” on the Petro-Canada location finder.
- Why is the Accessible Fuelling Service only available at select locations?
Accessible Fuelling Service can only be offered at sites with two or more staff members. Therefore, this limits the number of locations that can offer this service.
- Do you plan to add Accessible Fuelling Service to additional locations?
We will continue to assess which locations are able to offer the Accessible Fuelling Service. Over time, we hope to offer the Accessible Fuelling Service at additional locations.
- How will my payment be processed?
The payment will be processed at the pump or inside the store at the paypoint depending on your method of payment. Please note that only some methods of payment are accepted for the Accessible Fuelling Service.
- Without leaving my vehicle, what methods of payment are accepted for this service?
Cash, Prepaid Cards, Credit Cards, or Debit Cards with TAP (contactless technology).
- My card requires a PIN to complete a sale. How will I enter my PIN without leaving my vehicle?
If the card is equipped with TAP then a PIN is NOT required up to $99.99 in the store and $200.00 at the pump. It is illegal to take a customer’s PIN, under any circumstances.
- How do I know if my card is equipped with TAP?
If the card is equipped with TAP it will most likely have the universal symbol below on your card:
If your card does not have the image above, please ask your financial institution if your card is equipped with TAP.
- Without leaving my vehicle, is the attendant able to process the sale if my card is not equipped with TAP?
If the credit card is not equipped with TAP, the attendant can process the sale using a manual slip. If the debit card is not equipped with TAP, the attendant cannot process the sale because we are not able to accept a customer’s PIN under any circumstances (and manual slips are not available for debit cards). Please contact your financial institution if you would like to explore card options with TAP functionality.
- What kind of accessibility considerations have been made throughout the rest of your network?
Where possible at our Petro-Canada locations, you’ll find:
In addition, at participating split-service stations, a site which provides self-service and full-service at the islands, drivers with an accessible parking permit will receive full-service at self-serve prices.
- Dedicated parking spaces
- Wide doorways and ramps into the building, as space permits
- Wheelchair accessible store layouts and washrooms, as space permits
- What other plans do you have to assist guests with accessibility needs?
We want every visit to one of our retail stations to be a positive experience. Therefore, we will continually look at other ways to assist our guests with accessibility needs. If you are unable to access a Petro-Canada station with a full-serve attendant or the Accessible Fuelling Service, please contact your local Petro-Canada station to discuss your needs. If you have any questions, please call our Customer Service Network at 1 (800) 668-0220 (TTY: 855-717-5543) .